You want to have dinner, but you want to be healthy and in the same time to taste and look good.
What you need
- 3 large zucchinis
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb. chicken breast
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. half and half or whole milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan (and more for serving)
- 1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley
How you make it
- Make zucchini “pappardelle” by using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create long, thin strips. Lay flat on a paper towel-lined baking sheet until ready to use.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Put it on a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add half and half and cream cheese and cook, stirring often, until cream cheese is melted. Add Parmesan, then season with salt and pepper and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold in cooked chicken, zucchini pappardelle and parsley. Serve it immediately.
Watch the video here: