This Crispy and warm mushroom arugula salad takes less than 30 min to prepare and will be the best looking dish at your next dinner party!
This savoury and sweet salad combination is one your taste buds will love. Start with a bed of light greens tossed in sweet balsamic vinaigrette, then top with crispy mixed mushrooms.
No doubt that it will impress all of your guests at your next dinner party, and even better, it takes less than 30 minutes to prep!
You can enjoy this salad as a side, or sophisticate it up as a main dish with grilled fish or veggies and eat the whole thing.
This is a combination of cooked and raw foods together, especially when it comes to salads. Sometimes the simplest things combined can become so flavorful and take your dish to the next level.
If you don’t like mushrooms then:
– Try some different kinds of mushrooms because you haven’t found the right kind yet, or
– Swap out the mushrooms for other veggies like eggplant or zucchini.
Time for making:
Time for cooking
What you need:
For Mushroom Salad
4 Cups arugula
2 Cups King Oyster mushrooms
2 Cups Shitake mushrooms
3 Tbsp. brown rice breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp. vegan Parmesan cheese (recipe below)
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
For Vegan Parmesan Cheese
¼ Cup raw cashews
1 ½ Tbsp nutritional yeast
½ Tsp garlic salt powder
¼ Tsp onion powder
¼ Tsp Italian seasoning
¼ Cup Olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tsp Honey
2 Tsp Grainy Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
How you make it
Vegan Parmesan cheese
In a blender, add all your ingredients in and pulse until the mixture resembles a fine “Parmesan” texture.
Set it aside to enjoy with this dish or refrigerate in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Add all ingredients into a mason jar. Screw the lid on and shake until well combined. Set aside to enjoy with this dish or refrigerate for 5-7 days.
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Clean and cut up mushrooms into thick slices.
- In a large bowl, add in sliced mushrooms, drizzle with olive oil and lightly toss with hands or tongs (but be gentle).
- Sprinkle on vegan Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and lightly toss until evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out mushrooms evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 min on the lower rack flipping half way through so both sides get crispy.
- In a large salad bowl add in arugula and toss with dressing until well coated.
- Allow your mushrooms to cool slightly and then place them on top of the arugula salad.