This is gluten free macaroni salad recipe and it is both creamy and tangy.
If you are fan of pre-made anything, especially macaroni salad you know that they’re always way too sweet and overloaded with mayo. So what do I do? Make my own of course!
What you need
- 3/4 package brown rice macaroni pasta
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 small red onion
- 2 large pickles
- 2 green onions
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 can sliced black olives
“Big Mac” Sauce
- ¼ cup pickle juice
- ¾ cup vegenaise
- 1 tbsp. organic ketchup
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp. grainy Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
How you make it
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil and cooking the brown rice pasta as per the directions on the package.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse well with cold water. This stops the cooking process and prevents the pasta from sticking. Set aside.
- Wash and finely chop up all of the veggies.
- Rinse and drain the can of olives.
- Add cooked/cooled pasta to a large bowl along with your chopped up veggies and olives and mix until combined.
- In a blender, add in all of the ingredients and blend on high until smooth (roughly 15-30 sec).
- Pour dressing all over macaroni salad and toss well until pasta and veggies are evenly coated.
- Cover and place macaroni salad in the fridge to chill for 2-4 hours or until ready to serve.
- For best results: Prep salad the night before and serve the next day.
- Dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Leftover macaroni salad can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
You must try this creamy, chilled macaroni salad that is perfect for summer!