This is healthy gluten free shrimp and linguine tossed in a light savoury tomato sauce and topped with garlic sautéed shrimps, creamy, flavorful, and ready to go in 30 min.
The shrimps are sautéed with butter, garlic and onions, and splashed with a touch of lemon, mixed with the pasta and sauce and you have a light, but truly savoury, easy dinner.
What you need:
- ½ cup beer (gluten free if sensitive)
- 2 ladles of reserved pasta water
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. unsalted organic butter
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 package of brown rice fettuccine or linguine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups raw frozen Jumping shrimp peeled with tails on
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup premade pasta sauce
- Optional: fresh basil and whole green or black olives for garnish.
How you make it:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add in your brown rice pasta and stir until all pieces are submerged. Cook as per package directions, usually just under 10 minutes. Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan on medium to high heat, heat up olive oil, add onion and garlic, and give it a stir. Sauté until the onions are slightly translucent, then add the shrimp and butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- Add beer and a squeeze of lemon juice and set on medium heat to simmer until the shrimp start to turn pink
- Add the pasta sauce, fresh basil and spices. Stir until well combined. Cook for a few minutes to help the sauce thicken
- Add in your cooked pasta and stir until evenly coated. Add in the reserved pasta water and stir to make the sauce creamier.
- Remove from heat, top with fresh basil and serve.
So pour yourself a glass of wine, and make this one for dinner tonight, and Enjoy!