Do you like and you are looking for Asian-inspired food, and in the same time to be healthy and vegetarian.
If you do then check out this healthy and vegetarian Chilli peanut Vietnamese rolls recipe.
What you need
- 65g fine rice noodles (1 nest)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- half a carrot, cut into very fine strips (or grated if you prefer)
- 8-10 mange tout peas, cut into very fine strips
- 70g chilli-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
How you make it
- Prep time: 25 mins
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Serves: 8 rolls
- Boil the noodles according instructions, drain them, rinse with cold water and place them in a bowl. Drizzle the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil over the noodles and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare your spring roll wrappers one at a time, by soaking them in hot water for 10-15 seconds until pliable. Carefully lift out and spread out on a dampened tea towel. Place your fillings in the center, (noodles, spring onions, carrots & mange tout, then sprinkle over the peanuts and coriander). Don’t worry about being neat, they will look fabulous once rolled however you pile up the fillings!
- To roll, fold up the bottom edge to cover the fillings, then fold in both sides. Take the bottom edge and simply roll it up. The rice paper will stick everything together and keep all the fillings safely tucked inside.
- Repeat for the other 7 rolls and serve. These can keep for up to a day in the fridge so you can prepare ahead if you have guests.