This detox soup recipe will cleanse your body from within and kick-start your digestion.
Make a large batch and then eat it for lunch and dinner for 3-5 days with regular meals to flush out your body.
This detox soup is full of vibrant veggies, fresh herbs and spices for an extra spicy kick. You can use any veggies you have on hand but it is recommended to use original ingredients since its liver cleansing and it gives this detox soup its unique ruby red broth.
What you need
- Makes 6 servings
- 8 cups of filtered water
- ¼ savoury cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium beets
- 4 carrots
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 inch ginger root
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro
- ¼ cup loosely packed parsley
- 1 med brown onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 dried bay leaves
- ½ tbsp. turmeric powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
How to make it
- Wash, peel and chop all the veggies.
- In a large soup pot on low-med heat, warm up olive oil and sauté onions and garlic for 3-5 min until onions are translucent.
- Next, add in all the veggies into the pot and top with spices and water.
- Turn up the heat to med-high and bring up to boil.
- Once boiled, give it a stir, lower the heat and simmer with the lid on for 30-40 min.
- Once cooked you can remove the bay leaves and serve!
Everyday our body comes into contact with toxins so its good to help your body to detox it time to time.