This is a recipe for chewy, chocolaty, peanut buttery and the coconut vegan chocolate caramel bites, healthy and tasty.
Make them, put them in the freezer, and you can eat them even 2 months after making them.
What you need
For caramel filling
- 1 ½ cups medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter with sea salt (can sub for any nut butter)
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For chocolate coating
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
How you make them
- Pit and soak dates in hot boiling water for 10 min and drain.
- In a food processor, add in dates, nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and blend for 1 minute or until smooth to form a caramel batter.
- Transfer caramel mixture to a bowl and fold in shredded coconut. Cover and freeze for 30 min. This makes it less sticky easier to handle.
- Once your mixture has hardened for 30 min take it out and start rolling/pressing into mini rectangle bar shapes and place on a parchment-lined tray and freeze for another 30 min.
- In a double boiler on low-med heat, stir in your chocolate chips, coconut oil and sea salt while stirring constantly until everything melts together.
- Remove your naked bars from the freezer, dip them into the melted chocolate and roll until evenly coated. Remove with a fork, transfer to your parchment lined tray and place in the freezer for another 20 min to set.
- Optional- you can sprinkle extra shredded coconut on top of your chocolate bites before placing into the freezer to set the chocolate.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
You can store these for up to 2 months in the freezer in an airtight container. They can last longer but they just might not taste so fresh.